Values & Ethos
Abbey View provides students, who are at risk of failure and marginalisation within mainstream schooling, with opportunities to re-engage and find purpose in their education and lives. Our aim is that short and long-term Abbey View students succeed educationally and progress to fulfil their considerable potential, becoming citizens of which society can be proud.
Working closely with partner schools and with parents, Abbey View provides its students with a chance to reflect and reform, within a happy, safe and supportive environment, which promotes sound emotional well-being and safe lifestyles.
Through our work we aim to:
- Provide an aspirational, secure and nurturing environment built on mutual respect
- Develop students’ academic, social and emotional skills
- To offer the maximum opportunities post 16 by providing meaningful qualifications including GCSEs.
- Work in partnership with parents, other professionals and the wider community to achieve the best outcomes for all students
- Develop a highly skilled and effective staff team, who provide the best opportunities for all students
- Understand that all behaviour is a form of communication and to support students to regulate their own behaviour and make positive choices.